Search This Blog

CIAve

CIAve
Convey Island Avenue

Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday June 25

Same place same situation, but trying to finish wrapping up notes from the day. Interviewed random strangers and some people I know from this other place. Lovely to meet them again! This interaction gave me the courage I otherwise would not have to speak to people I don' t know about a subject that is seemingly irrelevant to what's going on. Motorcycles ROARed through CIAve tonight, gave me quite a jolt.

"sharp observer" as I'm known as, always watching what's goin on
Some 360s known apparently as 'donuts' and some other nice things involving the burning of rubber and smoke and trying to show off!! Earlier, drank bad coffee and had a kebab roll and ate Gryo King. Went for training in the afternoon, it was good.   Killed a cockroach. With bleach. It was not strong like Pakistani cockroaches. Learned to have a blazer at all times. Great lesson, learning it for the 5th time probably. And to have equipment ready BEFORE going anywhere to do any fieldwork. At least I had some business cards. 1 for 3.  I have to remember what I ask to people, not just ask and record answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment